Dr. Theodore R. Okazaki and Staff
Office ReOpening June 2nd, 2020
Dear Dental Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We are happy to announce we're reopening on June 2nd, 2020.
Infection control has always been a priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we are following to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies recommendations.
In addition, for your increased safety, we have acquired all approved personal protective equipment (PPE). We have also Implemented UVC air purifiers to continuously sanitize the air quality in all of the operatories and reception areas. The concern of aerosols will be addressed with in operatory extra UVC high speed vacuums that captures any excess spray during procedures (ADS Dental Systems Droplet and Aerosol Terminator). As well as an additional intra oral high speed evacuation system called Releaf. These can be looked up through the internet.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Your temperature will be taken when you arrive at the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office as needed.
- You will see that we will no longer offer magazines since those items are hard to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients . That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the waiting room.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 510-794-9999.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr.Theodore R. Okazaki and Team
Our number one priority is our patient's comfort. We use any available
tool to make sure you have a comfortable experience during your dental